Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where Did the Summer Go?

I can't believe it has honestly been since July when I posted last, but then again I totally can. Time has just flown by. It also would be helpful to have the internet at home...maybe someday!

Here are a few things that happened in August...

I am the ward camp director for the young woman in my ward. We went to Reid Ranch for camp. It was fun. We did lots of horseback riding. We had flushing toilets, cleaning services, food made for us, and basically it was like staying in a hotel...I am not sure how they call it camp! Our theme was You've Gotta Friend in Me. We worked on building friendships with each other and with our BEST friend, Jesus Christ. It was hard to leave Jaxson since I had never done it, but my mom & Josh were great to make sure he was taken care of.

We had lots of fun going to Bear Lake a couple times. The last time we went was for Raspberry Days. Our friends the Miles came up too. We went to the rodeo and enjoyed being at the lake. We enjoyed lots of yummy raspberry milkshakes!

We did lots of camping in Midway this summer. Our friends the Flowers came and stayed one night too. The weather wasn't great that weekend, but it was fun to have some company!
Jaxson kind of reminds me of what I would imagine Tom Sawyer could have looked like in this picture!

Jaxson is into everything and going everywhere. One day we were visiting at my parents and the poor kid fell off my parents porch and luckily into the bushes. Jaxson loves to play and tease. We are so lucky to have him around. He will light up anyone's day!

We did a little hike with Jaxson up to Donut Falls. He thought that was pretty fun and it was nice to get out into the mountains for some fresh air.


My Dad was given the opportunity to speak at regarding organ donation at the Salt Lake Library where the unveiled a wall that has tons of names of people who have donated. My Dad did an excellent job. I have a video of it, but am having issues uploading it! So maybe next time I will have it! He is doing pretty well. He is still really skinny and having a hard time eating. Everything is going great with his liver. His body hasn't shown any signs of rejection. He recently has some surgery this past weekend on two hernias, but he is doing his best to stay positive. It is GREAT to have him around! My parent both recently visited my sister in Maryland, which I am sure my nieces and nephew loved seeing grandpa up and around!


Those are just a few things we have done this past summer! Maybe next time I will get all caught up!

6 comments:

The Strongs said...

It's about time! :-) Not that I don't talk to you pretty much everyday, anyway, right? Your dad looks a LOT better. That is just so amazing that he got the transplant and everything seems to be going well.

And, of course, Jaxson is an absolute doll. He is so adorable.

Erica said...

Super cute! Love that baby!

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness... you blogged and I didn't find out until 2 days later! (I need to get blogging now too.) Thanks for sharing all your cute pics. Jaxson is just the cutest and growing up so fast! Can't believe he is 18 months already!!

I am SO happy I get to work with you everyday and then "watch" our shows together every night!

Loves!

Haley Flowers said...

Yea for MIdway. We had fun- we should try next time for a time that its not raining! =) Jaxson is so cute. I cant believe how big he is!

Julie Carlile said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. He is such a cute little boy. I miss you lots :( Hope you are having a great year.

iamegyptian2100 said...


شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات-دبي
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات