Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fall In A Nutshell!

I asked where did summer go and now it is winter! Things have been pretty crazy around our house, but lots of fun too! Halloween was great. Jaxson had lots of fun with pumpkins and dressing up as a monkey. Josh and Jaxson went trick or treating and he sure made out with lots of treats for being 17 months old!

My sister Lisa had baby Courtney in September. They blessed her at their home so that everyone could make it! Pictured below is my Dad and Courtney.

Thanksgiving we spent with my family. We get together with my mom's whole side of the family, so we go to a church. It was nice to have everyone around.
Jaxson's loves Papa's golfing M&M holder. He knows he can get Papa to give him M&M's anytime he wants! In the beginning of December my Dad had some surgery due to pain he had been experiencing since August. We found out that his cancer came back and this time it is terminal. We don't know how long we have left with him, but we are praying for him to be able to fight a little longer, as long as he has quality of life. He is undergoing chemo again, but this is just in hopes that is might shrink the many tumors in his abdominal cavity. If the chemo does do something it might help with the pain and prolong his life just a little longer. He has chemo for two weeks in a row and then one week off. He is on lots of pain medication, but is making the best of what he has been dealt. We had family pictures in December and once I can I will post some of those picture. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that have been continuous for me and my family.

We had a great Christmas regardless of circumstances. We did the Washburn traditions of Christmas Street, Bible Street, and a Nativity. Jaxson thought Christmas day (and every day leading up to it) was awesome. I will post pictures from December soon (or maybe on my winter post!!!) We hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Monica Miles said...

I was so sad to hear about your dad's cancer. You have been in our thoughts and prayers.

Julie Carlile said...

I'm so glad you posted. Jaxon is such a handsome little guy. I'm so sorry to hear about you dad. I hope your family can be comforted through this difficult time.

The Strongs said...

I love Jaxson's monkey outfit. I'm glad I got to see it in person. The pictures with your dad look super cute, too. Your dad looks better than in some previous posts, so hopefully he's staying comfortable. He is so admirable to be pushing through such a difficult time. You are so brave!