On Saturday, May 9th my Dad got a call at 11:30 that said a liver might be available for him. My parents then headed to the hospital and arrived at 12:20. Around 4 p.m. Dr. Van Der Werf went into harvest the liver from the donor (a male is about all we know). At 5:00 they called and said that the liver would be VIABLE! We were so excited! At 5:45 the orderly came into take my Dad down to the OR. At 6:00 we said good-bye and my Dad went off to prepare for surgery. We are assuming surgery started around 8:00 p.m and then we got a few different calls saying things were going well. At 1:45 A.M. a nurse brought us my Dad's liver out for us to see (thanks Angie for telling me to ask). It was pretty neat to see. The new liver was going in. Dr. Van Der Werf came out at about 5:00 A.M. to tell us that everything went well! Yipee! We are so happy. We haven't seen my Dad yet, but will in 30 minutes! Thanks for all the prayers, fasting, and support-it worked!
9 comments:
Amy,
YAY!!!! I just texted you, but I just noticed you blogged, so I'll say hi here too!! I am so happy!! Best Mother's Day present ever!!
xoxo
So I will forgive you guys for not answering the phone, we are so happy for you guys.
I am so happy for you guys! Hope he continues to do well! Best Mother's Day present ever for your family!
It is better than Christmas! I am just thrilled. Amy I missed your last few posts, sorry...I didn't know they were up.
Amy, I am so happy for your family! What a wonderful gift for your mom:) Happy Mother's Day to you too!!
That is so awesome! The power of prayer is so wondreful. Good luck to your dad and your family!
So happy for your dad. Best Mother's Day gift there is. Hope he keeps improving.
I am so happy! I am so glad things went well and hope that they continue to do so! YEAH!
YEAH!!! I know your whole family is just thrilled. Now you just have to get through your dad being a grouch through his recovery, right? :-)
Post a Comment