Many of you have heard that my dad has been diagnosed with cholagiocarcinoma (cancer of the bile duct). He went in for surgery a few weeks ago to get a tumor removed, which we thought would take care of everything. Once they were in they found the tumor too embedded into the liver and blood vessels and the liver 2/3 full of cancer and couldn't remove the tumor. They removed his gallbladder and stitched him back up. He is currently recovering from his incision and then shortly after Christmas, he will begin radiation treatment. The odds are not great, but we are hoping for the best! After radiation he will need a liver transplant. We appreciate all the prayers for our dad. We ask you to continue your prayers and we will trust in the Lord to take care of the rest. We love you all and thank you for your love and concern!
Me, Jaxson, & Papa
Nana, Jaxson, & Papa on his second day at the hospital
My dad was in the hospital for a total of three days. He was going to be there for a week, but when they couldn't remove the liver, his recovery time became less. My dad is a young buck and I love him to pieces. He has been the best dad and the greatest grandpa! Jaxson loves his papa and playing with him all the time. We love you dad and know we are fighting with you!
My dad was in the hospital for a total of three days. He was going to be there for a week, but when they couldn't remove the liver, his recovery time became less. My dad is a young buck and I love him to pieces. He has been the best dad and the greatest grandpa! Jaxson loves his papa and playing with him all the time. We love you dad and know we are fighting with you!
12 comments:
You guys are in our prayers. We love you guys. I am always here for you. Let me know if you need anything.
Amy, thanks for the update. We're praying for your family. Keep us posted. If you need anything please ask! Merry Christmas.
We are continuing to keep you all in our prayers. We love you guys. BTW-Jaxson is smiling so cute in all those pics, he must be such a happy kid! I'll see you at the Christmas party, if you need anything before then, please let me help!
I have been meaning to call you! We are coming up for New Year's. You can count on us for prayers and now you can hear Lucas praying too. It is pretty funny! Let me know if there is a time to get together. And again your dad is in our thoughts and prayers. WE MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!
Believe in Miracles! We continue to pray for your Dad and all your family and know that Miracles DO Happen! Love you!
Cute pictures Amy!
Of course I see you just about everyday but I still want you to know that you and your dad are always in my thoughts and I am hoping for the best for all of you in this. I will be there for you no matter what you need, all you have to do is ask! Love ya.
You're dad is a great guy! I enjoy visiting with him when the families are together. He certainly loves his grandkids! We'll be hoping for the best for sure.
Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I will remember him and your family in my prayers. Have the merriest Christmas!!
P.S. Your little man is the cutest baby ever! :)
Sorry to hear about your dad. You will all be in our prayers. I hope you have a great Christmas. Times like these really help bring us back to the true meaning of Christmas.
Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope everything goes well with his surgery, we will be thinking about you.
i just found your blog Amy. So sorry to hear about your Dad's health struggles. I'll be thinking about ya! I love your blog by the way. Jaxson is a cutie!
Post a Comment